Friday, June 21, 2019

Graus


June 15, 2019

Today I went to Graus, a small village up north from Tamarite. Well, it is slightly more populated than Tamarite. I went with Nacho, my academic brother, and his daughter Abril and his wife Ana. He drove us around noon.

First we arrived to a famous main square called Plaza Mayor. It has buildings with very nice paintings, also a building with a sun clock.

What I really like from this square is the ambiance. A lot children running around, playing together and laugh. This is very similar to my childhood days, where we spent more time with friends outdoor. In my opinion, playing with friends is really important to develop social skill. I fought and cried a lot as a kid, but that taught me how to handle emotions and deal with people. I saw a lot of improvement after all those tears and bruises. Nowadays, it is more common to see kids with their own phone. Since it was a nice day, we decided just to sit there and enjoy the moments, laughing at those kids. 





Around 2 PM, we walk toward a very nice and famous restaurant in town, called Criticón. It is a restaurant in a hotel. It was not big but packed. I order the appetizer typical from this area. Leek with crispy ham (I think). For the main course, I had pork cheek and grilled potato. The dessert was cut oranges with a scoop of coconut ice cream. I choose this because when I read on the menu, "naranja sin trabajo" --> "a jobless orange". haha. It actually means they just don't do anything to it.


After lunch, we visited Basilica de la Virgen de la Peña and we walked up the Mirador del Morral. 



What interesting is, you have two options to reach the top. You can either walk it or climb it. Here is the information if you want to climb. Of course, we don't choose this option. 



Here are some pictures of the view on the way up. 




What a motivating view!

The left upper statue is the destination. 
This is a father-daughter moment, competing to reach the top.
The happy faces that we made it to the top



To conclude, here is the breathtaking view from the top. It did worth a hike.




No comments:

Post a Comment