Tuesday, June 11, 2019

SPAIN

I wanted to go to Spain since long time ago. In 2010 when I departed from Netherland, I promised my Spanish housemate from Sevilla that I will visit her someday, but we don't know when.

Last semester when I was taking SPAN106, my professor sent me an invitation for participating in study abroad program to Granada. I heard about the study abroad since a year ago, but I don't think I could participate. But because of her email, I gave it a more serious thought. The tuition fee is so expensive for me as an international participant. I contacted HR office and they told me I can use my benefit to pay for the tuition for UD. I got much more excited. I contacted my chair of department and he allows me to join. Things work out smoothly and here I am in Spain! One thing I learnt is "keep your dream". Even though it took 9 years to make it happen, but at least it happens! Thanks to my professors as part of the causes and condition that make this happen.

I flew in Spain couple of days earlier, making a stop in Barcelona, to meet the good friends of my late supervisor, Mirka Miller. I managed to meet Miguel-Angel, Cristina and Camino. We had chances to start a project about line digraph. Both MA and Cristina were sooo hardworking. It was great to spend time with them.

On Saturday, I flew from Barcelona to Granada. They insisted to drive me to the airport, even though the train station is 650 m from where I live and there is a direct train to the airport. They said they need to make sure I leave the city. Jajaja.

I was spoiled with their kindness. Gratitude to the universe for surrounding me with compassionate and kind people.

At the airport, my flight was delayed. I informed my host mum who doesn't speak English at all. I wrote "tengo un retraso" which literally translated into "I have a delay". Later on when I told my professor, she said that this expression means: "your period is delayed, which means you are pregnant". Mwahahahhahahaha. I guess it is not me if I don't make this type of mistake. I have clarified it with "tiene un retraso", it is the flight that is delayed.

Let's see what joke comes next! :D

I arrived around 10 PM to the house of my host mum. I was greeted very warmly and I got my OWN room! What a joy! Thank you for the program coordinator for this arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment