Sunday, October 12, 2014

České Švýcarsko - Part 1: I Have To Go

When I got my Schengen Visa for student exchange from consulate of Czech Republic, Kate sent me back my passport together with a booklet about Czech Republic, map of Plzen (the city where I will be) and also a small book about Prague. I looked at them at a glance before departure, Czech Republic is a nice place full of history. A lot of historical buildings listed as tourist destinations, but the thing that tempted me more is "České Švýcarsko" or known as Bohemian Switzerland. 

It doesn't mean that those buildings are not beautiful, they are indeed nice pieces of architecture but it's just me who love nature more. I decided that I have to visit Bohemian Switzerland during my stay in Plzen, whatever happen. 

In one of the occasion where my supervisor asked about our "plan", she mentioned couple of interesting places, e.g. Salt cave, city of Prague, spa town but not this one. Using that opportunity, I raised this place. I must say that I am very lucky, because not only she agreed to bring us there, but also her sister has couple of pensions in that area. Wow! Isn't it great?

From my search through internet, there are several "main stops" in that big national park, for example: Děčín, HřenskoMezní Louka, Jetřichovice, and so on. By "main stops" I mean a bigger town in that area. Her sister stays in Jetřichovice, a very nice place according to google maps and google images. Super excited!

She contacted her sister, but due to her busy travelling schedule, we agreed to do it on Nov 5 (Yay! less than a month), staying 2 nights in her sister's place.. We will visit couple of touristic spots around there. :D Big grin. Alright, one trip is settled. Hehe. 

Besides seeing the touristic spots, I also plan to hike/walk, since I read that there are many trails in different difficulty levels available and of course offering amazing views. However, since we will go in a quite nice "big" group, with different type of travelling preference, I think we might not get much chance to hike. So, I write to my supervisor for permission to go earlier alone. She agrees but she prefer that I go with somebody else. To convince her, I immediately bought Czech mobile number, so at least I will call somebody if something happen to me. Finally she said OK and I am allowed to do it sometime when she is away. 

I plan to do it on weekend so it will not disturb my office hour. I also plan to do a day trip from Plzen to Hřensko with public transport, except the Děčín - Hřensko part, I will do it on foot. It's written in this website (way 4) that there is an easy trail with signs, around 18 km for that purpose. Approximately it will take 5 hours (of course given the condition you don't get lost). But I haven't decided which weekend. I wanted to do it as soon as possible, before the weather turns too cold. 

I started some preparation, e.g. big bottle of water, chocolate, unsalted nuts, bread, band-aids, vitamins, fruit juices etc, they are already in my room, so anytime I decide, I just need to put them together and I am ready to go. (If my PhD preparation as ready as this, I might be able to graduate in 2 years. LOL). 

Another lucky thing that happen, I got my Pilsen card (the transport card) on Thursday and on Friday, I have bought my monthly tickets, so I can take as many tram as I want in a month. From my dorm to train station, I need 2 trams ride, the first one for one stop and another one I don't know. With that unlimited ticket, even the Saturday (Oct 11), I am ready to go. 

Yay! Looking forward for the trip :D

No comments:

Post a Comment